Recruit, train and empower caregivers.
The Caregiver Experience Coordinator is primarily responsible for the Recruitment, On boarding and Retention of caregivers for Freedom Home Care, LLC. The person in this role should be a friendly, compassionate, professional representative of the company with an outgoing personality and positive attitude. This is a full-time position, 32-40 hrs per week, and includes general office duties. Travel may be appropriate. Physical demands of this position are representative of typical office work, no unusual heavy lifting required.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Experience in talent acquisition and interviewing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Scheduling software
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as a positive, professional business image
- Competencies shown with health care laws and standards, i.e.: companion caregivers vs. CNA
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and accurately complete work activities within specific deadlines while managing interruptions
- Ability to remain flexible and resilient with ever changing schedules
- Previous experience in Home Care a PLUS!
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; and maintaining rapport
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, and using newsgroups and job sites
- Screen applicant calls and provide routine information on open positions
- Monitor employer portals at Indeed, Upward, and others
- Conduct pre-screen phone interviews and schedule candidate interviews
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing qualifications to job requirements
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers and interviewing applicants on a consistent set of qualifications
- Schedules orientation for new employees on a bi-weekly basis
- Implements the orientation program for new employees with the assistance of nursing staff for hands-on training and skills assessment
- Ensures new staff have met all pre-employment requirements including online training, TB tests, drug tests, skills assessment, orientation, and medication management training
- Arranges Caregiver Mentorships for new employees
- Plan and execute regular caregiver appreciation events
- Manages the monthly staff training program by working with nursing staff and outside providers to offer relevant and state mandated training
- Maintains staff training logs to ensure each employee meets state requirements for training
- Enter and maintain client and caregiver information in the scheduling software
- Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting, interviewing and evaluating job candidates
- Participate in the on-call/after-hours rotation
- Comply with all company policy and procedures
- General office duties: answer phone, assist with mail, and other duties as assigned
- Initiative, Strong Work Ethic, Problem Solver, Accountability, Self-Confident, Self-Starter, Attention to Detail, Organizational Skills, Ability to Multi-task, Compassionate, Respectful
Additional notes: The Caregiver Experience Coordinator will work closely with the Client Care Manager, Owners, and office staff.
Compensation: Based on experience.