Provide compassionate care to aging adults.
Freedom Home Care is hiring a part-time case manager who will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of case management services to our clients per Geriatric Case Manager Guidelines. Duties to individual clients will vary as determined by client need and may include but are not limited to:
- Open new cases, giving appropriate information and paperwork to clients and/or responsible parties.
- Provide initial and ongoing client assessment.
- Document each contact with client or each contact on behalf of the client.
- Provide case management services by providing ongoing case coordination including:
- Provide information about area resources and assist with referrals to appropriate resources.
- Follow up to ensure client satisfaction with resources.
- Facilitate client medical and social appointment.
- Communicate with other professionals in multi-disciplinary settings such as care conferences, promoting a team approach to care coordination.
- Communicate with family or designated responsible party.
- Assist with relocation recommendations and preparation.
- Facilitate the transition to the new environment.
- Research and implement appropriate services in accordance with client needs and wishes.
- Provide transportation for client by using a company vehicle or accompanying clients in public transportation.
- Providing emotional support to clients and families.
- Attend and at times facilitate social functions important to the client and their family such as birthday parties, anniversaries and/or funerals.
- Build professional relationships with clients.
- Crisis intervention—serve as an emergency contact person, a family liaison, and family representative. Case managers are to report any concern of neglect or abuse to the Adult Protection worker of the county in which the client resides.
- Provide education to clients and their families regarding issues such as Dementia, Cancer, Death & Dying, etc.
- Provide information and assist clients with writing Advance Directives per request of client.
- Submit typed monthly reports to the client, their family and/or responsible party, if requested. Reports will include documentation of client contacts and recommendations.
- Provide advocacy for the client.
- If requested by the Administrator of Freedom Home Care, provide supervision to entry level social workers.
- Provide court appointed guardianship services.
- Serve as proxy on client health care directives if directed by client and/or family.
- Share in an on-call rotation to cover 24-hour emergency services to Freedom Home Care clients.
Duties to Freedom Home Care include:
- Represent Freedom Home Care professionally at seminars and professional meetings as requested by the administrator or business relations manager.
- Promote Freedom Home Care to other professionals and to the community.
- Maintain a portfolio to present to prospective clients including business cards, brochures and intake forms.
- Meet with potential clients to explain the services we provide.
- Market Freedom Home Care to community professionals per request of the administrator or business relations manager.
- Present educational seminars or in-service training as requested by the administrator or business relations manager.
- Licensed social worker in the state of Minnesota or professional eligible to do case management per GCM guidelines.
- Demonstrated public relations skills and good interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience with the elderly is required.
- Must be willing to maintain licensure as required by the State of Minnesota.
- Must be willing to receive direction from the Administrator of Freedom Home Care.
- Applicants must pass a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s License Check.
- Must have a current two-step Mantoux or chest x-ray within the last six months showing no signs of tuberculosis.
Compensation: Hourly wages based on experience