This month marks five years of Freedom Home Care providing services in Southern Minnesota. The anniversary has us feeling a bit nostalgic, but also so very blessed.
Here are the top five reasons we feel grateful as we celebrate this special accomplishment.
5. Educating and supporting our community on issues that affect aging adults. Through our work in the community we have been able to provide Dementia Friends presentations, a support group for caregivers of loved ones with Dementia or Alzheimer’s, service projects for Partners for Affordable Housing and fundraising for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
4. Incredible community partnerships in caring for aging adults. We value the relationships and partnerships we have built with industry partners who are just as passionate about serving others in need. When we work together we can assure that the comprehensive needs of our shared clients can be met.
3. Giving families peace of mind. From the beginning we have understood just how important home care and case management services are for the client and for their families. When you live far from your loved one or are working full-time and caring for a family of your own, it can be a challenge to be everywhere you want or need to be. Stepping in to assure families that their loved ones are well-cared for and safe provides much needed support to the family caregivers.
2. A team of compassionate and dedicated staff and caregivers. Over the years we have built a team of people who are dedicated to the care of their clients and to our mission of serving others in the community. As an organization we believe our services are for the benefits of our friends, family and neighbors in Southern Minnesota with the goal of providing personalized care to help clients live their best lives.
Drum roll…The number one reason we feel grateful for these past five years:
1. Helping people live their best lives. Not only do we want to help people stay safe and secure in the home environment of their choice, but we also want to ensure our services are helping meet their personal goals and wishes. When we meet with our clients we get to know them. We listen to their concerns. We listen to their goals. We listen to their preferences. Our team of office staff, nurses, a social worker and numerous caregivers all work together to give the client the experience they want, need and deserve.
Thank you to our clients, our team, our client families, our partners in caring for aging adults and our community for allowing us to provide home care and case management services to our friends, family and neighbors in Southern Minnesota for these last five years. We hope to serve you all for many more.
Christine Nessler & Chris Mihm, Owners